Deploying to a Windows machine
You've got your Visual Studio build running smoothly on your development machine. There's a simple way to deploy OpenSpace to another machine without installing lots of libraries and building it again - you can merely copy the necessary files to a new location.
- The new machine will still require Visual C++ run-time libraries ("redistributables"). If the target machine is similar to the original development machine then it may already have the same version installed. (To check, go to Control Panel -> Programs -> Programs and Features).
If the correct version of the "redistributables" is not installed, you can download the correct libraries from Microsoft
- The new machine will also require the Qt5 libraries (or a subset of them).
- Run the Launcher and 'sync' on your development machine (we recommend this because localizing the Launcher with Qt is more complicated).
- After you've synced, create a new
openspacefolder. Copy your
as well as the
shadersdirectories to it.
- Drop this directory on your new machine and run